“You can be whatever you want”. That is what I have
been hearing all my life at home. I decided to study law when I was ten years
old. Then, six years later, I applied to a fellowship that gave me the
opportunity to study law, my family supported me in all the path. They have
been supporting me in my whole life. Now I want to study my master degree in a
different country. They told me you can be whatever you want, and now I believe
in that.
My name is Gloria Nayelly Lozano Gutiérrez, I am from
Nuevo León, México. I am a graduated law student from Facultad Libre de Derecho
de Monterrey (FLDM) in the same state. Since I began to study, I have gotten
the best grades in my generation. Also, I got some scholarships because I was
part of the chess team in high school and for having good grades too. I
obtained a fellowship to attend college, which allowed me to participate as a
volunteer in some social projects, including being the president of one related
with ecology, named EcoSelider.
I did my social service at Centro de Derechos Humanos
FLDM (CDH). There they gave me the opportunity to participate in some human
rights projects such as analysis cases, instructor in human rights competition
and volunteer in Casa del Migrante “CasaNicolas” where I interviewed migrant
persons about human rights violations in the trip from their national counties
to Monterrey. In addition, on December 2012, CDH published a report about migration
situation in Monterrey, which I coordinated. Actually, I work as a legal researcher,
helping to construct arguments in civil, commercial and administrative law,
land use, and environmental law cases.
Studying environmental law is important to me. It is imperative
to take actions in order to save our planet. Primarily, we need to stop all the
damage that we have been making to it. Furthermore, in Mexico, some energy
reforms have been taking place since 2014. All those new energy regulations will
be applied in 2018. That is to say, Mexico needs lawyers who can understand
this subject, the national and international regulations, and really care about
environmental issues. Studying an environmental law master will be helpful in
my professional career because I could learn a lot more about the regulations
and the impact of environmental law.
Pace Law School is one of my best options to study my
master degree, since it has one of the top Environmental Law programs in the
Unites States. Moreover, I would like to participate in one of the centers
related with environmental law at Pace Law School. I am sure it is going to complement
what I will be learning in class. I am sure I will be able to acquire the
skills needed to apply all the knowledge that I would obtain to improve Mexican
Environmental Law. “You can be whatever you want” they said. I have the
conviction to be an excellent environmental lawyer.
No comments:
Post a Comment