During the duration of this course imparted
by Teacher Yolanda Cantu, from November 28th, 2015 to February 13th, 2016, we learned about important academic speaking skills and
techniques, for example:
1. Think about who do you want to present and what do you want to achieve
with this presentation.
2. Concentrate on your audience - who they are and what they (want to)
know
3. Choose the topic that interests you - involvement and motivation are key
to confidence and vigour.
4. Give your presentation a clear and logical organization so that everyone
can follow.
5. Present information visually– this spikes interest when you are talking
and makes it easier to follow
6. Practice giving your presentation until you are familiar with the key
points; this way you may discover any potential problems and check the timing
As mentioned previously, short after I
finished the Academic Speaking course, I had to use the tools and skills I
learned to give a conference in front of 300 students at a university.
And as a final evaluation we had to do speech
regarding a topic we decided, in front of a jury. In my case I decided to do my
investigation and speck on Gender Equality.
You can find the link below to the document I
based my speech.
No comments:
Post a Comment